Happy Christmas Eve day everyone! I finally finished my shopping yesterday so I was ready to relax with a festive cocktail at home. I found two out of three cocktails I made from Half Baked Harvest who has the absolute best recipes for both food and cocktails. I think I make some recipe of hers at least once a week!
The three cocktails I made are all very different but delicious in their own ways. I thought they were pretty easy to make too but you wouldn’t have guessed if you saw my kitchen because it looks like a holiday drink bomb went off! I’m just a messy “cook” though.
I decided to make Spicy Sweet Grinch, Frosted Cranberry Rosemary Mimosa and White Christmas Mojito. It’s hard to choose a favorite but if I had to choose I would say the Spicy Sweet Grinch was my favorite but Luke said he almost thinks his favorite was the mimosa!
SPICY SWEET GRINCH
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2-4 finely chopped fresh mint leaves, plus more for serving
- 2 ounces vodka
- juice from 1/2 lime juice
- juice from 1/2 of a small grapefruit
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-2 jalapeño slices
- ginger beer for topping
- pomegranate arils, for serving
1. On a shallow plate, combine the sugar and mint. Rim your glass in sugar, then fill with ice.
2. Combine the vodka, lime juice, grapefruit juice, honey, and jalapeños in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake until combined, about 1 minute. Strain into your prepared glass. Top with ginger beer and garnish as desired. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1
Recipe from Half Baked Harvest
FROSTED CRANBERRY ROSEMARY MIMOSA
- Cranberry Juice
- Rosemary Spring
WHITE CHRISTMAS MOJITO
- juice of 1 lime
- 8 leaves mint
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 1 tablespoon coconut rum
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- sparkling water for topping
- pomegranate arils for serving